Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Goodbye China

On our final day in China, Saturday, we started off by going to a Water Village, the Zhujiajiao Water Village.  According to our local coordinator, this water village is less commercialized than some other water villages.  There are several water villages outside of Shanghai, also known as “China’s Venice”.  We took a boat tour, just like in Venice, pushed by a long stick, and travelled on the canal passing a few bridges connecting the houses from one side of the canal to the other.  At the end of the boat tour we had a bit of time to do some souvenir shopping.  At first it was pleasant to look at all the small shops and see the local souvenirs.  But an hour later it got so crowded in the small alleys that I couldn’t even move or squeeze by people.
On our way back from the water village, we stopped by the Bund, which is the walkway opposite to the financial center where the pearl tower and all the skyscrapers are.  Then, we returned to the hotel and were free for the rest of the afternoon.  I packed my suitcase because I was leaving the hotel very early the next morning and then I went out to walk around some more.  At 7pm we left for our farewell dinner.  Again a very nice restaurant, but this time I loved every single dishes served.  After dinner we went back to the hotel and I finished packing my bags for my 6am hotel pick-up the next morning.
Good night and Goodbye.






















No comments:

Post a Comment