Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Title change

For those of you that already peeked at this blog before this post, you might realized that my blog title changed.  While reading China shakes the world, the rise of a hungry nation by James Kynge, on the plane, I came across a great quote by Napoleon about 200 years ago.  He said: "Let China sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world."  Kynge then goes on to explain that China hasn't been exactly sleeping for the last two centuries, but "the renaissance currently transforming the world's most populous nation marks the end of a long era of decline and weakness for the Chinese nation."  For whatever reason Napoleon spoke those words, "he was far ahead of his time."

I already loved the title of this book, but I didn't want to use it for my blog title, now that I understand where it comes from, I just have to!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time and a safe trip, Caroline! I'll be following along!

    ReplyDelete